[C320-list] wing keel depth

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 13:53:56 PDT 2013

Density of seawater is 1.025, so every ton of displacement would require about 26 quarts less volume, say 4 or 5 tons, therefore 100 quarts or 25 gallons.
Imagine the depth that 100 gallons would take if spread over the area of your hull at the waterline (300 sq ft, say) -  that would be about -1/20th of a foot - say 3/4 inch.

If you want to sail within 3/4 inch of the seabed, be my guest - hahah!

Graeme