[C320-list] wing keel depth

Brian/Carol McLamb bjcnmclamb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 06:29:35 PDT 2013

Serenity is my third Catalina with the wing keel configuration and I
obviously love it.  Since I am not a competitive racing participant this
keel works best for my cruising style.  Being in the shallow Pamlico Sound
area the vast majority of the time I am able to avoid alot of problems, and
snug up out of wind at anchorages.  It handles very well for cruising and
gives me the added security of minimizing contact with the bottom!  Having
said that, there have still been times when I have found the bottom.  In
our area we say there are two types of saillors, those that have run
aground, or those that are lying!!   I am a big advocate of configuring
your vessel for the way you use it the majority of the time and for the
area you consider home waters.  Brian; s/v Serenity #1075