[C320-list] FW: Re cabin steps

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 10:53:38 PDT 2013

Not to be the last to chime in on this, I didn't have a broken bracket, but
a split step. I re-glued it and replaced the fore/aft bracket with an
aluminum plate that spanned both cross tubes and gave more support to the
step. If you do this, make the bolt holes larger than necessary so there
will be ample room to feed the bolt and less need for very accurate drilling
of the plate.
BTW, a new step then was $95. I always thought I'd get the new step; but,
out of sight, out of mind (or what's left of it.)

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"