[C320-list] Marinco replacement

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 05:40:41 PDT 2013

Had a couple of loose connectors on the female plug of my shore power cord. I was leaving on a trip so I had the local marina replace the female socket. When I got the cord back there was a replacement boot over the new sockek but it didn't reach to the end of the socket leaving about 3/8 inch of white sockek protruding from the boot (the boot appears to be all the way down). This prevents the locking ring on the boot from reaching to the inlet socket threads on the boat so the cord can't be locked onto the boat. . I think this is a big no-no but the marina says that this is the way the replacement sockets are supposed to be. The only adapter I see from marinco links two cords together but won't work between the cord and boat socket  Anyone replaced the sockets on their cords and had a similar problem?

Jim Brown