[C320-list] winches

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri May 17 12:54:46 PDT 2013

The embedded aluminum plates in the deck MAY be threaded when there is no access to the backside.  Machine screws are used of course, not wood screws.  When the backside is reachable the holes may or may not be tapped, I don't know for sure.  A backing nut and lock washers may help prevent the screws from loosening even when tapped.

The reason for different length screws may have something to do with the angle the turning blocks are sitting at on deck.  But I recall that Dick Walker had Garhauer make him a new set of turning blocks that are far superior to the stock lewmar ones. Kat least on the pre-mkII models.

Jeff