[C320-list] ANTIFREEZE LEAK

JeffWillis111 at aol.com JeffWillis111 at aol.com
Mon May 27 18:23:37 PDT 2013

Hey Pete,

The anti freeze is probably coming from your rusted out water heater.
Your boat is set up to heat fresh water in 2 ways - thru your 120v ac and from
your boat's engine.  The engine coolant lines are directed thru the water
heater which acts as a heat exchanger and  heats the water in your tank.

The engine coolant hoses have obviously developed a leak or the fitting on
back of the water heater where the hose clamps on is rusted thru.   I
bought my boat last June and had same problem.   Replacing water  heater was
very simple if you are handy at all.  Defender.com is a good  source for a
replacement water heater.

The Galley cabinet frame under the sink must be removed and if you have a
teak storage hole under your oven, remove that as well to help access some
mounting screws on back of water heater that are difficult to get to.

The water heater is wired to your 120v ac power so be sure you turn the
breaker off if hooked up to shore power.

Good luck,

Jeff
Esprit, hull 174

In a message dated 5/27/2013 8:03:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,