[C320-list] Re cabin steps

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 15:01:30 PDT 2013

The aft weld holding the top
step bracket to the cross tube on the companionway stair frame is broken on both
sides. I remember this being discussed before but can't find it in the
archives. Is the fix just to re-weld or is there a better solution? If
re-welding, should the other three steps be reinforced or are these less
likely to let go since the are less wide? Thanks in advance for any
suggestions. We're not huge people so I was surprised to see the welds break. I do use the top step to brace myself when tending lines, etc so I want a strong repair.

Jim Brown