[C320-list] Perkins M30 Coolant temp sending unit

JeffWillis111 at aol.com JeffWillis111 at aol.com
Mon Nov 18 08:54:54 PST 2013

Hello All,

I have been a member for over a year now and have never posted  before.
First let say thanks to everyone for all the knowledge I have  gained from
reading the discussion lists.

I have hull 174 and recently replaced the circulating pump on the Perkins
M30.  Everything seems to be up and running fine except for the temperature
gauge.  I thought I had a good diagram of all wiring and hoses but I guess
I goofed up on the temp sending unit that is mounted in the top of the
circulating pump.  It is about a 1" diameter with 3 screws on top with 2  wires
connected.  I took photo before disassembling but found one of the  wires
was apparently not connected to anything when I removed the pump.   The temp
gauge was working fine before I removed pump.  I have tried  numerous
configurations when reconnecting but nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Willis
Esprit, #174