[C320-list] Electronic Wind System

Ian Davis iand2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:48:47 PST 2013

I am considering purchasing a wireless wind speed/direction unit.  Probably
a Raymarine.

This has a transducer unit with a direction arrow and a couple of speed cups
on a stalk that must be bolted at the top of the mast facing forward.  Being
of a certain age now, I was loth to start climbing masts again in bosons
chairs, so I sent my next door neighbor up with my camera to take a look and
take some pictures.  Well, what else are good neighbors for!

What I saw when he came down is that the mast light housing takes up almost
all the space on the front of the mast top and there is little or no room to
bold anything on the forward end.

So, question, has anyone mounted a wind transducer to the forward top of
their mast and therefore can make suggestions as how to do it?

Thanks,   Ian Davis     Wind Star (#18)