[C320-list] Dry aqua muffler

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 14:19:44 PST 2013

Greg, we also have a 1994, and experience the same condition.  I have
removed the petcock from the muffler and probed inside with a coat hanger:
nothing. I have opened the petcock while the engine is running: still no
indication of expected water or pressure.  Last year, I replaced the
petcock. It is a standard automotive type. No change.  I am stumped why this
would be so. Perhaps someone else on the list knows.
The only issue that concerns me is that if the engine is cranked
excessively, you are supposed to drain the muffler.  It seems this can't be
done on our boats. I am careful to not crank the engine too much.
Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"