[C320-list] Stainless vs bronze with folding prop

Colin Evans twosailors at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 3 16:45:23 PDT 2013

 Jeff,
The C320 in the pen next to us has an Autostream feathering prop on a bronze
shaft. It`s a fairly heavy stainless prop.  The boat is 1998 model , but I
don`t know how long the prop has been on it.  He doesn`t seem to have any
problem.
However, when I investigated fitting one a couple of years ago, the supplier
suggested a stainless shaft be fitted.  I didn`t replace the prop.  If I was
to do that, I would probably get a KiwiProp.  They are much lighter and
cheaper. But the pitch can only be adjusted forward, not reverse.
Regards
Colin Evans
Watermark
2000 C320 # 774