[C320-list] air condition

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Fri Oct 11 16:24:49 PDT 2013

I have and wouldn't be surprised if that West Marine head lube stuff was
partially organic.  The Yanmar guy at the diesel tech seminar mentioned
putting a few table spoons of olive oil in a Ziploc and storing your
impellers in there over the winter.

I never bothered to go that distance but it probably works too. I would only
try to avoid using any veg oil that could dry out and get thick or pasty so
maybe pure veg oil isn't the perfect answer. I know some veg oils in my
kitchen cabinets seem to get a bit goopy around the lids after a while, so I
figured they'd do the same thing out in the wild.  :)  But I've been
pleasantly surprised at how good a job the pink antifreeze does, so I figure
that's good enough.

-Jeff