[C320-list] Raymarine Rudder Reference Unit

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Oct 15 16:42:20 PDT 2013

> Has anyone fitted a rotary  Raymarine rudder reference unit
> to their 320? If so is it a big job?

Following the example of others in the group, I fitted one to mine.

See
http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2008111610302
0487&i=2013101519350490&p=1 for a photo of the installation.  I used some
nylon for my brackets but you could use Starbord or similar.  The cylinder
the unit is standing on is a piece of plastic pipe and the circular piece on
top of the pip that forms the mount for the actual rudder reference unit is
one of the cut outs from the brackets.  I used a single long countersunk
machine screw and nut to mount this piece and the tube to the bracket.

See
http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2008111610301
8141&i=20131015193935110&p=1
And
http://www.catalina320.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=2008111610301
6631&i=20131015194023608&p=1 for the templates I used to cut out the
brackets.  As you can see from the photo, I printed out the template and
stuck it to the sheet before cutting out.

Hope this helps,

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141