[C320-list] Deck Delamination

Danny Nichols dkn420 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 19 22:04:26 PDT 2013

I recently had a Marine Survey of my 2002 C320 and the following is taken
from the survey document.  Has anyone else had a similar occurrence or issue
of this kind?  Thanks.  Dan Nichols #876 Aja.

"There was a small-delaminated area on the starboard side deck adjacent to
the aft end of the jib sheet track. There was a small delaminated area on
the starboard side deck approximately 1/3 of the of the length of the jib
sheet track from the aft end of the track. There was no cracking or elevated
moisture meter readings noted at the aft delamination. There was gelcoat
cracking adjacent to the forward delamination but no elevated moisture meter
readings. I recommend that the delaminated spots in the deck be drilled and
injected with epoxy to seal the FRP to the core. There were no elevated
moisture meter readings noted on the remainder of the deck."