[C320-list] Head ventilation

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Tue Sep 10 08:24:40 PDT 2013

I have hull 894 (2002) and am in a well protected slip.  The head door is
left wide open when we leave the boat with a small towel draped over the
bottom step on the ladder for padding so if there is any door movement it
touches the towel.  Just toss the towel under the ladder on the engine cover
when entering to get it out of the way.  12 seasons doing this and no
problem with odors and the door and step are unblemished.  If you are on a
can or not well protected the other suggestions are better to keep the door
open and in a fixed position.

The drill when washing down the boat is to always spray the holding tank
vent to clean out any debris.  Twice a season the black plastic vent is
unscrewed and cleaned out.  So far no close calls on the fitting going
overboard!

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894 (2002)