[C320-list] Head ventilation

resloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed Sep 11 06:58:01 PDT 2013

Ted-It must be a standard part at a marine supply house.  I am worried about
loosing mine when ever it is removed. It easily unscrews from the hull side
and I keep a hold of the male end when the cover is removed so it doesn't
work its way behind the hull which requires removal of various panels to get
to it.  Check the ID of the vent hose and the thru hull opening before
ordering.  Measure the vent hose ID at the holding tank before you have to
disassemble stuff to install the new fitting.  There have been some comments
on replacement on this site many months ago.  I believe the real effort on
replacement is getting to the vent hose at the the thru hull location which
depends on model year.  My vent is inelegant black plastic on the starboard
side, up high and short of half way forward.

Bob Sloat
Savannah 894 (2002)