[C320-list] Coolant Colour & Demineralised Water

Annie Bennett annie at sydneyprivatesailing.com.au
Thu Sep 26 16:46:16 PDT 2013

Thanks very much Stephen.  I'll get the water you suggest from Woolworths and the coolant you gave me the link to.  Do you think what he's done is ok for 6 months or do you think it would be much better to get it changed a.s.a.p.?  I find it rather awkward asking a mechanic to redo what they've just done but I guess the longevity of the engine is more important than offending someone and I want to get him back in the near future to fit a replacement black rubber clip to the engine box in the aft cabin.  One broke off when he was removing the cover and he said he's got some spares.  I didn't think it would matter but a clicking noise now comes from the engine which at first gave me an "Oh no what now!" sinking feeling but it stops immediately you hold the engine box firmly with your hand.  I don't know if he would have flushed out the red or just drained it out.  I assume one 6 litre container of water would be plenty for both flushing and mixing with the coolant?
Annie