[C320-list] fuel tank shut-off

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Wed Apr 9 08:13:53 PDT 2014

The A/C system in my boat is in the aft starboard lazarette on top of the fuel tank. The only way to get to the fuel shut-off on the tank is to crawl into the lazaretteto reach between the bottom of the A/C and top of the tank;  I'm getting too old and unflexable to perform this task.  Therefore, I procrastinate a lot when it comes to changing the fuel filter.

The next time I go in (or send a smaller younger person in), I'd like to install another shut-off in the fuel line somewhere where it is more accessible.

Has anyone done this? It seems pretty straight forward once I figure out the size and type of shut-off valve but am I missing something?

Appreciate any help

Bill