[C320-list] antifreeze revisited

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Tue Apr 15 07:48:42 PDT 2014

Much of the feedback I received on topping off antifreeze centered around fully or partially changing the coolant  on a regular schedule.

My Yanmar manual isn't very clear on the location(s) of the coolant drain(s).  How many are there and approximately where are they located?

I've read the instructions on the website and they indicate 3 drains, one aft of the oil filter on the port side, and 2 drains on the heat exchanger-starboard side.

I must have a different model Yanmar because my oil filter is on the starboard side (referenced to the boat) and the heat exchanger is on the port side of the engine. I can find what I assume is a drain aft of the oil filter on the starboard side (it has a plastic tube draining to the bilge) but there is no access to anything on the port side of the engine.

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks
Bill