[C320-list] Cap on Racor

Don Johnson donjohn64 at att.net
Sat Apr 12 08:09:45 PDT 2014

Now that I remember it, after shutting off the main fuel line valve and changing the fuel filters, I opened the fuel line valve, then opened and used the Racor hand pump to fill the line and filter with fuel (worked well).  I then moved to the secondary hand pump on the motor (Perkins) and pumped that part of the line and the secondary filter until full.  While I had read about some who experienced very hard starts and repeated engine stalls after changing the filters, mine started right up (to my surprise!) and never stalled once.  Beginners luck I guess, but I had no trouble and the engine has not starved for fuel nor has it stalled in almost a year of operation since the filter changes.

Don