[C320-list] Power supply for AC install

Wash, Steve wash at advantageelectronics.com
Mon Apr 28 14:13:19 PDT 2014

Hi All,

We have a 16K Marine Air that we run on a single 30A circuit.
The only time we have tripped the breaker is having the microwave and the A/C going at the same time.

The controller on ours stages things up (and thus reduces the in-rush).  We run the blower at low speed continuously.  When A/C is needed the condenser pump starts, the fan ramps up and then the compressor starts.

With Lake Michigan at 40 degrees, we won't need much A/C yet.  I do believe the reverse cycle does use more current, though.

I'd try it before adding the second power service (you're at 12K vs. our 16K).

Steve

Michigan City