[C320-list] cleat at midships

Sean Kaldor spkaldor at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 12:56:42 PDT 2014

Yep. With an adequate backing plate if stand-alone, or by placing a removable one on the genoa track.

Illumination #983 had them added by Dave Marchant. And Idlewild #545 had them added as well. In July 2011, there was also a discussion on this group about adding midship cleats. Seems most added adjustable cleats to the genoa tracks. There was a similar discussion in 2005 that yielded the same conclusion - most use the adjustable cleats on the genoa tracks.

If you’d like the details, you can go to the Catalina320.com website and search the term “midship cleats” in the top right corner for pictures of both the installations mentioned above. And if you search the discussion list by going to the Catalina320.com and clicking on “Browse/Search Discussion List” under the “C320 Discussion List” heading you’ll find the prior discussions.

Sean
S/V Liberté #499
San Francisco

Begin forwarded message: