[C320-list] Passenger Capacity

Pat Ireland cherie320 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:16:18 PDT 2014

Has anyone replaced their main shore power circuit breaker with a ground
fault breaker (residual current circuit breaker)?  Interested in source and
any issues encountered.

Just replaced the fuel sending unit.  Used a Moeller kit.  Not at all what
I expected.  Stubby screw driver was no help.  One screw is under the
starboard aft hatch.  Only about an inch of clearance.  Used a 1/4 box end
wrench and a phillips screw driver tip with a 1/4 hex body with duct tape
to keep it in the box.  Replaced screws with 5/16 HEX HEAD 10-24 SCREWS.
The screws in the float kit are 10-32.  Had to purchase a gasket kit that
included both 10-24 and 10-32.  Found that the float had been bent 90
degrees to shorten the reach.  The instructions say to not bend the arm as
it may damage the sensor.  I assume that the bent float may apply some
rotational force on the sensor over time that causes failure.  Any one else
find their float bent.  Curious if it was a bad repair or the original
install?  It's easy to shorten the float, so no need to bend it.  Forum was
of considerable help.  Never would have noticed the 5 holes in the flange
were not symmetrical, if I had not read it on the post.  Thank you all for
the help.

Pat, 801