[C320-list] Warm refrigerator

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:23:41 PDT 2014

Louis, if you get the model/serial from the unit and call the current owner
of Adler Barbour they will tell you the correct refrigerant to use. I
suspect yours is like mine and will be R12. As R12 can no longer be bought
over the counter, only a licensed mechanic will or may have access to R12.
R12 is now quite expensive. Ask A-B who in your area can repair the unit.
I am comfortable using an off-the-shelf kit to recharge my cars. I would not
be comfortable doing so on the Adler Barbour.
It's likely you can disconnect the compressor at the quick disconnect joints
as they are probably the "safe" type. Again, Adler Barbour will tell you how
to do this or even a mechanic familiar with the unit. Once disconnected, you
can carry it to a mechanic for checkout and recharge. Then, reinstall it.
Carrying it in to repair will save you a fair amount of $$$.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62