[C320-list] New C320 Owner

Kenny Geist Kennyge at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 13 05:43:46 PDT 2014

Hi All,

As you can see, I am trying to figure out how to use this website.

I am the proud owner of our “new” 1996 Catalina 320 “Windrifter” which we
purchased in Forked River, NJ 2 weeks ago. The PO did an amazing job of
keeping her looking like new.   We sailed her up to her new home in Bayside,
Queens, NY at the Bayside Marina.  She sits next to a C309 on a mooring.
Our trip up from NJ was amazing as we were greeted by 2 to 4 foot waves for
the first few hours until things settled down.  She is very easy to sail and
gave us a great ride compared to our Catalina C25 which we just sold.

We have since had her out on the Long Island Sound in winds up to 25 kts and
she handles terrifically.  The previous owner told us that she practically
steers herself and the other day, in 15 kt winds she went for over ½ hour
without me touching the wheel and she stayed perfectly on course and would
of gone further except we would of run into the Throgs Neck Bridge.

This weekend we are doing a long weekend to Northport with the Long Island
Sound Catalina Assoc and then meeting up with the Musceta Cove Yacht
Cruising Club in Oyster Bay and lastly meeting up with the Bayside Power
Squadron in Manhasset Bay for a raft up.

I still haven’t figured out how to respond to the postings of others but I
am sure I will figure it out as I have found a dealer here in Queens who
filled my old aluminum propane tank and wanted to let Lynda know.

I am sure I will have plenty of questions as I get to know Windrifter
better.

Kenny