[C320-list] All I want for Christmas

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 2 17:33:44 PST 2014

I installed "Go Power" 140W panel and regulator 2 years ago. This produces a theoretical 10A @ 14V. I have seen it crank out up to 9A in practice. Our fridge is the biggest user ~ 5AM. All our lights are LED so minimal draw. The battery has never gone below 60% overnight and is back up to 100% in very little time in the day-even when cloudy. This system was extremely easy to install and has been fantastic. Complete freedom for anchoring and when in the Broughtons last year it saved $30 a day electric hookup fees. I too could write this up. But the short story is that I put the panel on my Bimini frame with two new crossbars, ran the supplied cables through a deck cleat, then under the deck in the port cockpit locker through the cupboards to the panel. I rearranged my accessory panel,and put the regulator/gauge in it. I attached the negative to the neg buss behind the panel and ran the (fused) positive down through the bilge to the battery positive bus. Done. Very straightforward.

Cheers,

Greg
Hoop Dancer # 1076
Sidney, BC