[C320-list] Engine controls - two levers convert to one? (Graeme Clark)

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Thu Dec 18 06:26:28 PST 2014

If anyone decides to put a Lewmar folding wheel on their C320, be aware
of a couple things.  First, the standard hub on the wheel is a morse
taper hub.  You need the straight (parallel) hub.  Lewmar packages the
wheel with just the tapered hub, or with both the tapered hub and the
straight hub.  You can purchase the straight hub separately, but it is
less expensive to just buy the wheel with the two hubs.

Second, the spokes on the folding wheel are of a greater diameter than
the spokes on the standard wheel.  This means that if you have a
wheel-mounted autohelm, such as the Raymarine 4000, you need to purchase
a new set of mounting brackets.  Defender carries these here:
http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|2331321|2028687|2028717&id=1988785

Other than those two little surprises, it's all easy.

Dean Vermeire
Moonstruck II (#847)