[C320-list] Haul Out

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sat Feb 15 09:49:28 PST 2014

I would be leery of using the Forespar plugs. Those are designed for
emergencies, such as a thruhull failure. Using one as a replacement plug
for the speedo could result in damage to the thruhull. Furthermore, I
would not leave my boat unattended with only that plug protecting
against water incursion. If the yard is going to damage your speedo
during haulout, they might also knock out that plug, since it is secured
by pressure only.

If it were me, I would try to get a proper replacement plug before
haulout, or else take my chances with leaving the impeller in place
during haulout.