[C320-list] Possible Group Buy on SmartPlug Shore Power System

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 19:33:51 PST 2014

I'm very interested

Thanks, Chris Burti From: Sean Kaldor
Sent: 1/2/2014 7:40 PM
To: C320-List at catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Possible Group Buy on SmartPlug Shore Power System
Hi All,

The Association has received an email from Ken Kloeber, a Catalina 30
sailor. He is looking to gather people for a group purchase on
SmartPlug shore power systems. If enough join in, he hopes to get a
direct price that would be lower than retailer pricing on the same
item.

Your Association isn’t endorsing this offer, nor have we researched
it. We are simply relaying his request with the thought that if any of
you may be interested, his efforts may be to your benefit.

Happy New Year,

Sean
Commodore

 C-30 gang,

I'm trying to work a deal to get SmartPlugs below Defender pricing.
I've taken to heart RC's comments about the twist locks we have, and I
am replacing mine.  Especially after experiencing a
overheating/meltdown/smoking at the shore connector end of my cable
(lucky I was there and prevented a fire) and seeing his pics at

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/hall_of_fail&page=7

I'm trying to work a deal for Smart Plugs at discount if enough of us
are interested.
My shore cable is good, so I'm looking at the inlet/connector combo.

http://smartplug.com/products/inletandconnector.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkXXgFaWdQs

The discount would depend on the quantity -- but it would be well
below Defender's price ($179.)  This can work only if we have enough
quantity, so if anyone is interested in a Smart Plug somewhere below
Defender pricing (and is not just tire kicking,) email me offline (or
if responding on the   member list, copy me to make sure I see it) so
I can get a solid idea on the quantity.

KWKloeber at aol.com
KWKloeber (at) aol (dot) com

If you'd want a complete cordset let me know also - If there's enough
interest maybe I can get a decent discount price on those as well.
http://smartplug.com/products/cordsets.html   ($130 Defender)
and inlet http://smartplug.com/products/inlet.html  ( $120 Defender).

Cheers,
Ken  K