[C320-list] 2014 Rendezvous Announcement - Action required - Respond interested or not

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sat Jan 11 15:42:34 PST 2014

Linda and I plan to be there with Sea Shadow.  We have attended several C320 Rendezvous' and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them, including 3 in CA.  There is no better way to meet all the folks we only know from the list-serve and be able to see all the unique upgrades that owners make to their boats.  We have gotten so many good ideas through the years from the Rendezvous' we have attended that Sea Shadow is now known as just about the most pimped out boat in our marina!  I guess my point is that just because you can't sail to Solomons is not a good reason for failing to attend an event that is so incredibly rewarding!

Our first Rendezvous however was an all-Catalina rendezvous in Solomons back in about 2003.  I will never forget the sight of about 50 Catalina's all leaving at the same time on Sunday morning, motoring north one in front of the other.   A friend in a trawler just happened to be headed north at the same time, further offshore than was the fleet; he still talks about what a great sight that was!  Can you imagine what it will look like Sunday morning when all these C320's head out at the same time?  If nothing else, I am looking forward to that Kodak moment!  We had 15 or 16 boats in Annapolis at the last Rendezvous in 2008 so let's all pitch in and beat that record-setting event (at least from the one's we have attended).

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD