[C320-list] Engine stall only under load

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 13:54:26 PST 2014

Art, we are lucky to have water in the mid to upper Chesapeake Bay that is
mostly fresh so I'm not the one to lament over the ills of salt water. That
said, it's clear that salt water is the bane of all sailors; and, those who
have no choice face increased maintenance from standing rigging to engines
to just about all areas. So, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it
contributes to a shorter life for exhaust elbows. I would expect that the
heat exchange tubes (if you have those,) would also crud-up faster and need
to be cleaned to prevent erosion. Let's see what some real salt water
sailors have to say about this.

Warren & Pattie Updike
1994 C320 #62 "Warr De Mar"