[C320-list] Honda Generator

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Wed Jul 2 10:53:27 PDT 2014

> I was concerned over the proximity of the unit to the
> waterline or a large wake issue from an irresponsible boater,
> but it may be a great location. Good point with the exhaust
> when forward

The 2000w Honda generator has a fair bit of weight to it and it hasn't moved
of its own accord. The boat just bobs up and down as bigger wakes impinge.
I guess if the wake was large enough to be more like a wave and come over
the back it could be a problem but it hasn't been for me so far.

> What about sound levels in the stern?

Sound level is OK but I only run it during the day and so am not in the rear
cabin.  I consider the noise level in the main cabin as acceptable.  The
swim platform location is low enough to restrict noise and with the exhaust
pointed aft(ish) that helps too. I run the generator in eco mode so as the
charge rate required by the battery charger cuts back the generator eases up
on speed and becomes quieter itself.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141