[C320-list] Honda Generator

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 13:16:56 PDT 2014

Weather the Honda eu2000i will start the A/C may depend on the A/C unit.
Last year we installed a Dometic 2502D Stowaway Turbo (STQ), 12K A/C unit.
The dealer told us the eu2000i will start it. We haven't tried that. I also
noted that Dometic has an optional device called SmartStart
(http://tinyurl.com/pvqchgj)  This "device smoothes out startup power demand
instead of spiking it, reducing amp requirements by up to 65%." Don't know
the cost. Designed for units 5K to 18K BTU.
Our dealer told us that Honda will not claim that the eu2000i will start our
A/C, but he knows that it will. I don't know what the start-up load is, but
the specs say that the Full load Amps for cooling is about 10A. The eu2000i
specs say that it is rated for 13.3A. Our unit is on a 20A fuse, so startup
is probably between 10 and 13A?

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62