[C320-list] Trident hump hose for 2" OD exhaust hose

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon Jul 7 04:41:43 PDT 2014

Maybe I might make another suggestion.

When we replaced our hose (and elbows) this spring, the Yanmar guy suggested
I use the flexible exhaust hose instead.  I used "Tridentflex Corrugated
Hardwall Marine Exhaust Hose".  It's a bit more money than the regular hose
but so much easier to bend and looks like it puts no stress on the muffler.
It's still wire reinforced but I think with this, you won't need the hose
hump and the extra connections that introduces because the whole hose
becomes a hose hump.  It's such a short run anyway.

Find a marine shop and feel it for yourself.  They say they use this almost
exclusively now because the mechanics love it and it holds up every bit as
well as the old stiff stuff but absorbs the vibrations.

-Jeff