[C320-list] Small misplaced Shower Drain

Robert Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 08:39:56 PDT 2014

I did basically the same thing as Irv did on my hull 894.  I used a  small PVC elbow which was pointed down from the drain inlet.  It was connected to the drain inlet using a small piece of PVC pipe with some tape around it to tightly fit into the drain inlet.  A small piece of PCV pipe was added to the elbow pointing down and ending just at the bottom of the sump.  This allows the sump to be emptied with little water remaining.

On Jul 5, 2014, at 9:10 AM, Irving Grunes <igrunes at gmail.com> wrote:

> We used a PVC ell either 3/8 or 5/16 that press fit into the drain and cut
> at an angle to suck up most all of the drain
> Irv Grunes
> 2001 #851
>

> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 10:05 AM, WINDER & KIRONDE <wcwinder at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> My 94 C320 has a small, round shower drain that is poorly located so
>> that water collects and must be mopped up.  I am also concerned that
>> the space below the shower floor is inaccessible.  Does anyone know of
>> a solution to this problem?  I have looked for a larger replacement
>> drain on line but have not found a solution.
>>
>> Bill Winder
>> INDIGO #97
>> Winthrop MA

Bob Sloat