[C320-list] Lewmar Hatches

Michael Rauh RaceAnnouncer at Verizon.net
Thu Jul 24 06:09:29 PDT 2014

On my 1997 boat I replaced the "O" rings for the latches and this did not have much effect.  Next I removed the entire gasket and carefully cleaned the aluminum.  Then I installed new gaskets.  This helped a bit but I still had some drips.

So, I worked outside the boat.  I applied blue painter's tape to the white fiberglass around the window frame.  I kept the tape about one-sixteenth of a inch away from the aluminum frame.  Next I applied a neat bead of clear marine-grade silicone to the area between the frame and the tape.  My wet finger smoothed the silicone bead and then I removed the tape.  This just about totally eliminated the drips.

Mike
On Your Mark  #408

Sent from my iPhone