[C320-list] Packing gland

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Wed Jul 30 07:11:10 PDT 2014

Brian,

Thanks for your informative reply. The only indication that I may need to check things out is that last winter, with ice on the lake (no sailing or motoring), I got some drips from the shaft.  Nothing major but enough to put some water in the bilge.  This hadn't happened before. There was ice on the nuts and I was concerned that I might break something if I tried to adjust them while frozen.  Once the season began, there hasn't been a problem.

Bill
Papillon, #1146