[C320-list] Bilge pump replacement

Jerry Taylor jerry at jerrytaylorhomes.com
Wed Jun 11 07:11:01 PDT 2014

Hi Andy,

I recently had the same problem on my 2008, Mark II, #1128.  The replacement
would not fit, so I went to a Rule 1100 gph, model 492025.  It cycles on
every 2.5 minutes which is annoying, especially for light sleepers.  I got
an Attwood Sahara 1100 gph, model 3305364 from West Marine which barely fits
between the keel bolts.  I kept the Rule as a back up.  I recently got into
a cycling problem and just ordered a check valve from WM.  I know, they are
a no-no, but I will take my chances.  Another option on your replacement may
be to add a piece of 1/2" Starboard material to shim or raise the pump up.
The bolts are not always square and there might be just enough room!  It
might work, but I did not want another half inch of water in the bilge.

Jerry