[C320-list] Bilge pump replacement

Utility Email kswanson123 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 19:17:10 PDT 2014

I replaced my original Rule bilge pump a couple of years ago on our 2007 C320 MK II.  I replaced it with a new Rule 1100 as others have done.

I did remove the factory installed check valve because I don't like the idea of bilge water remaining in the line after the pump operates. In addition, the exit drain hose for the bilge pump is not impeded by the check valve and the head of the water in the line.  I think this is a more efficient and reliable way to connect the pump. Not as dry as a system with a check valve, but more efficient and reliable.

Sure, the back flush of bilge water from the water in the line is a bit of a pain as it drains back into the bilge after the pump stops, but I generally sponge out the bilge to keep it dry anyway after it has had water in it.

Anyway, this is my experience.

Dave

Dave Swanson
S/V Emily Ann