[C320-list] Fuel Gauge not working

tharrison at innovations-plus.com tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Tue Jun 17 14:13:02 PDT 2014

I have followed the Test procedures for fuel gauge used by Catalina Yachts
as posted on the web site - I think!

I did not get pass point one.

I disconnected the pink sender wire on the gauge. Turned on the ignition
switch on.  I did not notice the pointer deflect to extreme left. (it is
already on the left side) (Tank is half full).

I then put the S (pink wire) and on top of the ground wire. I am not sure if
this is correct. Is this shorting together the S and the G ground studs?

If this is a true test of the fuel gauge then does anyone have the part
number?  My current gauge have black face with white numbers and pointer.

Ted - Hull 424