[C320-list] Engine compartment sound proofing - Some preliminary results

Marek Fluder marekf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 20:13:12 PDT 2014

Ken,

Great info - thanks for taking time to document it.
The disappointing result of the decibel read-out after sound proofing I
would attribute to the fact that you have placed your phone on a hard
surface of the table. I think that to the decibel level you were measuring
vibrations contributed more than the actual sound wave. I would place the
phone on a piece of foam, or better yet suspend it in the air on a piece of
line.
I do not think your ears have deceived you.

Marek