[C320-list] Knot meter transducer

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Thu Jun 26 13:02:56 PDT 2014

Crosby,

I replaced mine a few years back.  I believe you should be looking up
Airmar.

Anyway, either search for "airmar" on the C320 website or go here:

http://www.catalina320.com/article.php?story=speedotesting

I found what I needed on the Airmar site and then purchased one through
Defender online I believe.

One thing I did notice when replacing it, the new ones have a feature I
don't like.  The new ones lift the paddle wheel as you unscrew the ring to
jack up the unit so that it comes out easier.  The old models you could hold
the paddle wheel down, fully loosen the ring, then Pull the paddle wheel
with one hand and replace it with the plug in you other hand in a one quick
motion. So, I only got a splash in the boat.

The new one lets in a lot more water during the unscrewing process.

Anyway:  www.airmartechnology.com

=-Jeff Hare