[C320-list] Flooded batteries to AGM

Jim Sweet jamesweet at frontiernet.net
Sat Jun 28 07:49:00 PDT 2014

The flooded batteries that we had in the 320 we bought new lasted 9 years
with no hassles even with the cheap charger that came with the boat.  When
we finally needed to replace them I went with interstates that cost a total
of $450 installed (I'm too old to risk my back trying to wrestle a 120#
battery).  That was 4 years ago and we still have no issues.  We are at a
slip with power and keep the boat plugged in when we are gone with the
reefer going.  We do a little cruising (but plan to do more when we both
retire) so it may be apples and oranges.

Jim Sweet
TGIF (Thank God It Floats) 902