[C320-list] 2004 Catalina Question

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Mar 17 10:38:12 PDT 2014

Be sure to carefully inspect the fuel tank. Many of these boats with
aluminum tanks have developed pinholes in the tank. Look carefully in
the bilge for signs of diesel.

These are pretty solid boats. By the time they got to year 2004, they
have worked out most of the bugs. I bought a 1996 and have not really
discovered any major problems that would have prevented a sale.

When searching, I did look at some boats that were not well cared for.
Look at the engine for signs of regular maintenance. I found one boat
that had very loose belts. Made me question everything about the engine
maintenance. If they can't do basic stuff, it makes you wonder about
EVERYTHING.

Doug Treff
doug at treff.us