[C320-list] Inner Furling Main

wflowe3 at aim.com wflowe3 at aim.com
Thu Mar 20 09:28:34 PDT 2014

 I'm confused.  Are you talking about raising and lowering the main with the halyard or furling/unfurling the main inside the mast?  If is furling/unfurling the main, I find that it helps to  stay on a slight starboard tack to keep the sail full, and get a straight entry angle into the slot.  Also keep the outhaul snug as you furl. This keeps the sail tight and prevents wrinkling which is the most common cause of problems. If you get the sail furled tightly, you will not have any trouble deploying it next time.

If you are having trouble raising and lowering the main with the halyard, that's a different problem.

Good lock
Bill