[C320-list] Holding Tank

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:23:58 PDT 2014

Once the hoses are cut close to the tank fitting and pulled out of the way, and the tank fittings plugged and taped (you don't want any affluent leaking out,) the outboard end of the tank is pulled slightly fwd to align with the hole above it. Then, the outboard end is rotated up while moving the tank to port. Then, it will lift out of the opening with the outboard end up in the air.
Depending on the year of your boat and the original tank size, there may be a mounting base attached to the hull with 5200 or maybe epoxy. This you may need to remove if you are installing a larger tank. It is a tedious and dirty job to get this out and pair the mounting down to accommodate the new tank. I used wood shims (painted with unfilled epoxy,) under the new tank to level it and prevent chafe should it move around. Be sure to make new hold-downs that fit snugly over the tank. You want as little movement as possible while underway.
I'm sending you my article on the job off-list.
It will help in receiving advice if you would include your year and hull number in your message as there have been many changes over the year that may affect the applicability of the advice you receive.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62