[C320-list] Hull prep

Allan S Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sun Mar 30 18:20:11 PDT 2014

Just curious as to why you feel the need to soda blast down to the hull.  My
understanding is that Micron 66 is a multi-season paint that can be stored,
launched, re-stored, and re-launched without limitation.  Interlux
recommends one color of paint as the first coat then another color for the
next and subsequent coats (I do 3 every 2 years).  When you see the first
coat, that's the time to repaint.  The Interlux website has quite a bit of
product info that probably would be beneficial to review in detail.

That said, I am having mine soda blasted this summer only because when the
boat was originally commissioned, the boat wasn't mold de-waxed.  I have
never been able to get paint to stick so am starting all over again.  And
no, the dealer would not stand behind his failure to take responsibility for
the actions of his subcontractor.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD