[C320-list] Lake Water Supply with new Through Hull, Sea Cock, Filter and Pump

Ken Geiger kendgb at aol.com
Fri May 9 09:32:44 PDT 2014

Lake Water Supply with new Through Hull, Sea Cock, Filter and Pump:  Has anyone done this improvement.  I'm wondering about through hull location, pump location, electrical supply and any other tips.

I am leaning toward placing the pump on the existing port side pump platform under aft bed and locate the sea cock aft of the platform.  The sea cock will feed a screen filter and a tee for winterizing before the pump.

I think I can use our lake water to feed all the cold water except the hot water tank and use the tank water for the hot water and a separate clean cold water faucet for cooking etc.  Others have reported that lake water in the hot water tank leads to bacteria growth at least in our Georgian Bay Waters.

Thanks

Ken Geiger
Northern Dream # 765 2000