[C320-list] VHF Antenna Questions

Bruce Heyman bruceheyman at cox.net
Wed May 14 12:29:53 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff,
If you have a portable i'd send some one ashore with it and have them keep walking until the portable is hearing the boat scratchy.
Then go down below and use the built in mic and see if it is better.  That will eliminate the remote mike and corroded mic wires as a possibility.
To test the antenna system you really need a viswar meeter and a 50 ohm load.  Got any HAM friends?  Maybe something that should be in the associations loaner box.

Bruce Heyman (949) 289-8400