[C320-list] Forespar Seacock

tharrison at innovations-plus.com tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Thu May 22 06:46:07 PDT 2014

I have a several leaks under my kitchen sinks. So elected to replace old
with new. I replaced the hot water tank, sink drains, and hoses.

Question 1.  Sink Drains

Interesting set up!  The large white nut on the drain tightens
anti-clockwise and tightens the sink drain to the sink.  Under the white
nuts is a  black nut that tightens clockwise and tightens to the white
elbow.

I have a small drip here.  If you tighten the black nut it loosens the white
nut. If there a trick to tighten?

Question 2. Forespar Seacocks

Hose is one inch from the drains to the seacock. The seacock is ¾ inch
thread and  current set up is a Spears ¾ to 1 inch adaptor. The barbs where
filed off to get the hose to fit. Needless to say it leaks. So I want to
replace it.

Ordered the 1 inch from Forespar and it fits the 1 inch hose. Thread size is
too big for the seacock   Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Ted

Hull 424